If you have were arrested for a DWI in Texas chances are you took the Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus (HGN). The HGN is the eye test the police administer on the side of the road. There are several causes of the HGN, but if it is present in your eyes the police will assume it is alcohol related. If you have been arrested you need a[highlight dark=”no”] San Antonio DWI lawyer[/highlight], or [highlight dark=”no”]Austin DWI lawyer[/highlight] who is familiar with the [highlight dark=”no”]HGN[/highlight], and can explain to the jury the various causes of [highlight dark=”no”]HGN[/highlight]. Contact us right now for a free, confidential case evaluation.
1. Problems With The Inner Ear Labyrinth
2. Irrigating The Ears With Warm Or Cold Water Under Peculiar Weather Conditions
10. Multiple Sclerosis
11. Korchaff’s Syndrome
12. Brain Hemorrhage
15. Motion Sickness
18. Eye Muscle Fatigue
20. Changes In Atmospheric Pressure
21. Consumption Of Excessive Amounts Of Caffeine
22. Excessive Exposure To Nicotine
24. Circadian Rhythms
25. Acute Trauma To The Head
26. Chronic Trauma To The Head
27. Some Prescription Drugs, Tranquilizers, Pain Medications, Anti-Convulsants
29. Disorders Of The Vestibular Apparatus And Brain Stem
30. Cerebellum Dysfunction
34. Exposure To Solvents, PCB’s, Dry-Cleaning Fumes, Carbon Monoxide
35. Extreme Chilling
37. Continuous Movement Of The Visual Field Past The Eyes
38. Antihistamine Use
See Shultz v. State, 664 A.2d 60, 77 (Md. App. 1995) citing State v. Witte; State v. Clark, State v. Superior Court, and Mark A. Rouleau, Unreliability of the Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus Test, 4 Am.Jur. Proof of Facts 3d 439 (1989); Louise J. Gordy & Roscoe N. Gray, 3A Attorney’s Textbook of Medicine § § 84.63 and 84.64 (1990).
If you have been arrested for a[highlight dark=”no”] DWI in Texas[/highlight] you need a[highlight dark=”no”] San Antonio DWI lawyer[/highlight], or [highlight dark=”no”]Austin DWI lawyer [/highlight]who understands the science behind the [highlight dark=”no”]HGN[/highlight], and can teach the jury the other causes of HGN beside alcohol. You only have 15 days to protect your driver’s license. Contact us right now for a free, confidential case evaluation! If you like the information on this page, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, or your other social media sites.